Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Paddy's recipe roundup!


I'm not usually one to cook a giant roast, I think it's because I live alone and that much meat feels very much like overkill (ha!).  But I did cook a corned beef in my crock pot overnight to enjoy this evening for St. Patrick's Day.  I mean, it's not every day we celebrate a man who was not Irish for driving nonexistent snakes from Ireland.  I'm practically required to eat corned beef and cabbage.

I used Martha Stewart's recipe to make my corned beef, and when I get home I will cook the cabbage to her instruction...or I may go rogue. This recipe for roasted cabbage with lemon from Kalyn's Kitchen looks amazing and might bring a smokiness to the meal (and some much needed acidity).

If you're wondering what to do with your leftovers, this corned beef scalloped potato recipe from the San Francisco gate looks positively decadent, or you could go with the more traditional corned beef hash, a nice Reuben, corned beef cabbage rolls or even a corned beef eggs benedict.  I've also personally enjoyed a delicious Irish egg roll.  Or, just heat it up and eat corned beef and cabbage all over again.  It's hard to go wrong with a classic!



Éirinn go Brách!

No comments:

Post a Comment