Monday, August 11, 2014

Almost Whole30 Banana Whip


The Internet has been very interested in a 1 ingredient ice cream these past couple of weeks.  Sillies, all you need to make creamy and delicious ice cream is one ingredient: a banana.  Someone recommended banana whip to me when I was dreaming about Blizzards on my Whole30.  I decided not to indulge because it felt a little like SWYPO to me.  But now that I've begun reintroducing some of the things that weren't on my Whole30, I decided to give it a shot, but I wanted to use 3 ingredients.


What you'll need:

  • 1 banana (frozen)
  • 1 oz. square of dark chocolate
  • 1/4 cup coconut (toasted)
  • food processor


The first thing I did was toast my coconut over low heat in a dry pan.  It actually toasts pretty quickly, so keep an eye on it!

Once your coconut is toasty, set it aside and let it cool.


Meanwhile, peel your banana and put it into your food processor.  Turn it on and let it go, it actually needed to go for longer than I thought it would. You can also pre-slice your bananas and put them in the freezer already peeled if you're freezing bananas specifically for this recipe.  Me?  I've got half a dozen bananas just waiting for inspiration to strike in my freezer.


Once your "ice cream" is smooth and fluffy, add any additional ingredients you'd like.


In this case, I added dark chocolate and coconut, the chocolate was pre-chipped before I added it (something I had to learn the hard way).


I threw my mix back in freezer for about 10-15 minutes and stirred it a couple times.  Then I scooped it up and ate it ALL!


No guilt here!


No comments:

Post a Comment