We're having a potluck at work tomorrow and I decided to take a fruit salad, but not just any fruit salad, patriotic fruit salad. If I had planned this, instead of remembering at 10pm that I needed to take something in tomorrow, I would've bought some blueberries.
I also would've watched some Drop Dead Gorgeous to feel extra proud to be an American!
- 1 watermelon (cut out stars with your most American cookie cutter and then chop the remaining melon into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 oranges, cut into supremes
- 2 apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint of strawberries, tops removed and cut in half
- *optional* chiffonade of fresh mint and/or basil to taste
Mix all the ordinary, non-patriotic fruit together and then top with your melon stars. Then go to bed. For real, it's late!