Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Patriotic Fruit Salad? Amer-I-CAN!



We're having a potluck at work tomorrow and I decided to take a fruit salad, but not just any fruit salad, patriotic fruit salad.  If I had planned this, instead of remembering at 10pm that I needed to take something in tomorrow, I would've bought some blueberries.


I also would've watched some Drop Dead Gorgeous to feel extra proud to be an American!

 What you'll need:

  • 1 watermelon (cut out stars with your most American cookie cutter and then chop the remaining melon into bite-sized pieces)
  • 2 oranges, cut into supremes
  • 2 apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 pint of strawberries, tops removed and cut in half
  • *optional* chiffonade of fresh mint and/or basil to taste 


Mix all the ordinary, non-patriotic fruit together and then top with your melon stars.  Then go to bed.  For real, it's late!



No comments:

Post a Comment