Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Whole30 Egg Salad with a Splash of Tuna!


So, confession: I made these lettuce wraps well before I started the Whole30, but now that I've learned how to make my own mayo, these are Whole30 compliant!  Woo hoo!


What you'll need:
  • 1 can of tuna, drained
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
  • about 2-3 T mayo 
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/4 cup red onion
  • 1/4 cup cucumber (or fridge pickles)
  • salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
Optional add-ins: Parsley, lemon juice, red pepper, tomato, whatever floats your boat!



To get the perfect hard boiled egg on my stove, I add the eggs to 1 inch of already boiling water in a small saucepan, cover for 8 minutes 45 seconds.  Drain and cool in an ice bath. Peel under water.  Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and then serve on lettuce leaves for maximum smug healthiness!


This makes a couple cups of salad, so feel free to share with a friend!  Enjoy!

What's your favorite tuna salad add-in????

No comments:

Post a Comment