Monday, June 30, 2014

It's a skirt! It's a steak! It's a skirt steak!



It's summertime and summertime means steak.  Now because I'm an apartment-dweller, I don't have the luxury of a fire-kissed charcoal grilled steak.  That doesn't mean I can't create something pretty fantastic in my little kitchen inside. 

What you'll need for your steak and marinade:

  • skirt steak (about 2 lbs.) in a gallon zip bag
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 T. rice vinegar
  • 4 T. soy sauce (Tamari or Coconut Aminos if you're gluten-free)
  • 1 T. chili oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 t. cumin
  • 1 t. chili powder


Put all of the ingredients into the zip bag and let them marinate for at least an hour and up to overnight.


While I waiting for my steak to marinate, I browned some baby bella mushrooms in butter in my cast iron skillet over medium heat.


Once the mushrooms were done, I set them aside and raised the heat to high.


I placed my steak in the pan and left it there for about 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, I flipped the steak over and did about 4 minutes on the other side.  I removed the steak from the heat and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes and then I sliced it, topped it with my mushrooms and served it with a salad!


And then I ate it and lived happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment